IRCTC Rail CONNECT official app of Indian Railways has been updated on 09 Feb, 2017. You can download irctc rail connect latest version 2.0.7 apk from the link provided below.
- some bug fixes
- New ststion code added- DEEG
- old Tatkal Code (CK) replaced with new Code (TQ)
download irctc rail connectClick here to DOWNLOAD IRCTC CONNECT latest Version
Finally there has been an official IRCTC application for Android users. Now users can book their railways ticket by this application in their Android phones. This application is capable of booking both General and Tatkal tickets. As expected the application is free to download and use. The application has been beautifully designed but let us see how the application will perform when it comes to book a ticket or make an inquiry about the train, etc.
GETTING STARTED WITH IRCTC RAIL CONNECT
1. You can easily download and install the “IRCTC Connect” application in any of your Android phone via Google Play Store. The link to the application is also given below.
[appbox googleplay com.irctc.main]
2. After the installation you will be greeted with a beautiful screen where you either have to login, or if you don’t have any account in IRCTC website then you can easily create an account via this application. To my surprise, the login was extremely smooth.
3. After login you will be given a screen where you can search for a train between stations. The search for the trains between the stations was quite swift. Clicking on the train name will provide you the options for the class and selecting the class type will provide you the seats availability. Till now the performance was very smooth and we are not stuck anywhere. The only thing we don’t like that the application has an advertisement at the bottom part. But we can bear with a single ad.
4. Swiping to the left will take you the navigation, which holds your account details like booking history, profile, logout, etc. The application also has a nice smooth animation while adding passenger details. After confirming the details, the application will take you to the summary of the complete booking and after entering the CAPTCHA (for security purpose) yo will be pushed to payment window.
5. The payment window has an option to select either from credit card, debit card and net banking. Click on the respective payment option will take you the respective payment gateway and after successful payment you will be redirected to the ticket details, which will provide your seat details.
Overall, IRCTC has made an intelligent move and we were happy with the overall experience of the application.
Features of IRCTC Connect
- One step login to existing users.
- Search and Book train tickets.
- View and Cancel tickets.
- Retains recently added passenger details.
- New Users, register from App directly.
- Upcoming Journey Alerts.
If you are a person that always love travelling and is always in hurry then this application is a must have Android app for you. This app can easily book your railways tickets on the go without any problems. So, just go for IRCTC Connect on your Android phone.